1. It is in worship that the Holy Spirit most completely attains the object for which He was given; it is in worship He can most fully prove what He is. If l would that the consciousness and the Power of the Spirit’s Presence became strong within me, let me worship. The Spirit fits for worship； worship fits for the Spirit.
2. It is not only prayer that is worship. Worship is the prostrate adoration of the Holy Presence. Often without words: ‘They bowed their heads and worshipped,’ Ex.4:31,12:27; Neh.8:6. ‘The elders fell down and worshipped,’ Rev.5:14. Or only with an Amen, Hallelujah. Rev.19:4.
3. How much worship there is, even among believers, that is not in the Spirit in private, family, and public worship, how much hasty entering into God’s presence in the power of the flesh, with little or no waiting for the Spirit to lift us heavenward! It is only the Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit that fits for acceptable worship.
4. The great hindrance to the Spirit is the flesh. The secret of spiritual worship is the death of the flesh; a giving it up to the accursed death of the cross, and in great fear of its actings humbly and trustfully to wait for the Spirit’s life and power to take the place of the life and strength of self.
5. As our life is, so will our worship be. The Spirit must lead and rule in daily life if He as to inspire our worship. A life in obedience to God’s will and in His Premise fits for worship. May God give us to feel deeply the extent, the sinfulness, the impotence of worship not in Spirit and in Truth.
6. The Spirit is given for worship and in worship; let our study of the work in this little book ever be in humble, reverent waiting upon God. ‘My soul, be thou silent unto God.’
Filed under: 第03篇-在聖靈裏敬拜